For the shaped painting project i had to create a shaped surface in order to paint onto rather than the traditional squared/rectangular canvas. First i spent a short time sketching my idea which was a double exposure of a self portrait and a landscape. I transferred the design onto hardboard and cut it out using the band saw.
Once the shape was cut out i sanded the edges using various grades of sandpaper and primed it with emulsion using even strokes.
As part of the indoor suns material project i learnt how to put together a circuit using nano pixels which could then be plugged into an Arduino and be programmed. i used tools such as a wire cutters to skin the wires and the soldering iron to solder the wires to the lights. I also used heat shrink to prevent the wires from touching and shorting out.
From learning this i went onto making a more complex circuit to drive a motor/fan. Here are some photos of the end result:
Here is an image of the code that i wrote to programme the Arduino for the motor.
Throughout the third week of the (indoor suns) material project I took apart old projectors to find different parts in which I could use to place in front of the light to create interesting effects.
I then worked within a group to help create a small installation using wood and string, we then projected footage onto the installation using different projectors.